Sydney I. Umeri
The AMES Companies (Atlanta, GA)
Social Media and Dotcom Specialist (July 2017-July 2018)
- Managed all social media platforms by creating content, copy, and video for all organic and paid content. Audited and maintained e-commerce sites ensuring that all copy, content, and imagery were current and improved upon SEO. Analyzed paid social ads and Google Ads against past and projected KPIs and helped brand managers to adjust their digital content strategies accordingly. Lead the email marketing strategy and execution.
- Accomplishments: Grew email lists by 125% and Facebook fan base by 5%. Expanded and analyzed Google ads that increased the overall web traffic by 7%. Saved $55M in fines by identifying the company’s noncompliant status with the Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Increased A+ content on Home Depot site by 25%.
CNN (Atlanta, GA)
Intern (July 2017-September 2017)
Broadcast intern at CNN under anchor George Howell. Learned the process of delivering news for a live network and confirmed news data and statistics before the show.
Sydney Sundays and SydneyUmeri.com Blogs (Atlanta, GA)
Author (January 2015-January 2017) and (January 2017-present)
NIKE (Beaverton, OR)
Global Communications Intern (June 2016-August 2016)
- Worked alongside global communications managers, senior managers, and across functions to create press releases, plan media events, and gather UGC assets for promotional videos.
- Accomplishments: Posted two stories on Nike News and compiled all user-generated content for the second Nike Flyease video.
ESPN’s Around the Horn (Washington, DC)
Production Intern (May 2015-July 2015)
- Compiled, edited and packaged video visual content. Pitched ideas for the show and put together research packets for the host and panelists.
- Accomplishments: Produced online content such as “Behind the Horn” and the “Weekend Review.”
University of Virginia and Kansas Women’s Basketball (Charlottesville, VA and Lawrence, KS)
Full Scholarship Varsity Student-Athlete (June 2013 – May 2016) and (June 2016 – May 2017)
USA Women’s Basketball (Colorado Springs, CO)
16U Team member (2011)
The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)
- Masters of Journalism & Digital Content Strategy with Certificate in Business, May 2017, 3.7 cumulative GPA
The University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies, May 2016, 3.25 cumulative GPA
WordPress, Blogger, FinalCut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Photoshop, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office, Constant Contact, Wix, HTML, Adobe InDesign