Sydney I. Umeri
The AMES Companies (Atlanta, GA)
Social Media and Dotcom Specialist (December 2017-July 2018)
- Launched and maintained the first ever monthly newsletters for three brands, and grew their email lists by 125%. Created content, copy, and video for three brands on their Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube channels, growing each fan base by 5%. Audited and maintained e-commerce websites, ensuring that all content, copy, and imagery was current. Created and executed upon digital content strategies developed by brand managers, while optimizing SEO. Collected and analyze data for organic and paid Facebook ads, as well as ran and analyzed Google ads that increased our overall web traffic by 7%. Saved the company $55,000,000 in fines due to becoming compliant with the Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) implemented on May 25th, 2018.
CNN (Atlanta, GA)
Intern (July 2017-September 2017)
- Broadcast intern under anchor George Howell for CNN International’s Newsroom. Here I learned about George’s process of delivering news for a live network and helped him confirmed news data and statistics prior to his show.
Southern Patio (Atlanta, GA)
Digital Freelance Contractor (July 2017-September 2017)
- Organized the company’s digital files and aided in creating a digital content marketing strategies for their fall 2017 campaigns.
Sydney Sundays and SydneyUmeri.com Blogs (Atlanta, GA)
Author (January 2015-January 2017) and (January 2017-present)
- Posted inspirational content on Sydney Sundays once a week (http://sydneysundays.wordpress.com). Post lifestyle content twice a week on SydneyUmeri.com (http://sydneyumeri.com).
NIKE (Beaverton, OR)
Global Communications Intern (June 2016-August 2016)
- Posted two stories on Nike News and worked alongside global communications managers, senior managers, and across functions for the KD9 and Magista 2 boot launches. Compiled all user-generated content present in the second Nike Flyease video, as well as gathered contact information from the creators of the UGC for our legal team.
ESPN’s Around the Horn (Washington, DC)
Production Intern (May 2015-July 2015)
- Pulled, edited and packaged video visual content. Pitched ideas for the show and put together research packets for host and panelists. Produced online content such as “Behind the Horn” and the “Weekend Review”.
University of Virginia and Kansas Women’s Basketball (Charlottesville, VA and Lawrence, KS)
Full Scholarship Varsity Student-Athlete (June 2013 – May 2016) and (June 2016 – May 2017)
USA Women’s Basketball (Colorado Springs, CO)
16U Team member (2011)
The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)
- Masters of Journalism & Digital Content Strategy with Certificate in Business, May 2017, 3.7 cumulative GPA
The University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies, May 2016, 3.25 cumulative GPA
WordPress, Blogger, FinalCut Pro, iMovie, Adobe Premier, Adobe Photoshop, Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office