Sydney I. Umeri
The AMES Companies (Atlanta, GA)
Social Media and Dotcom Specialist (December 2017-present)
- Create content for three brands on their social media channels. Audit and maintain websites ensuring that all content is current and all product skus are correct. Create and execute upon digital content strategies, while optimizing SEO. Collect and analyze data for organic and paid Facebook ads, as well as Google ads. Launched and continue to maintain the each brand’s first ever monthly newsletter.
CNN (Atlanta, GA)
Intern (July 2017-September 2017)
- Broadcast intern under anchor George Howell for CNN International’s Newsroom.
Southern Patio (Atlanta, GA)
Digital Freelance Contractor (July 2017-September 2017)
- Organize the company’s digital files and aid in creating a digital content marketing strategy.
Sydney Sundays and SydneyUmeri.com Blogs (Atlanta, GA)
Author (January 2015-January 2017) and (January 2017-present)
- Posted inspirational content on Sydney Sundays once a week (http://sydneysundays.wordpress.com). Post lifestyle content twice a week on SydneyUmeri.com (http://sydneyumeri.com).
NIKE (Beaverton, OR)
Global Communications Intern (June 2016-August 2016)
- Posted two stories on Nike News and worked alongside global communications managers, senior managers, and across functions for the KD9 and Magista 2 launches, as well as the second Flyease video.
ESPN’s Around the Horn (Washington, DC)
Production Intern (May 2015-July 2015)
- Pulled, edited and packaged visual content. Pitched ideas for the show and put together research packets. Produced online content such as “Behind the Horn” and the “Weekend Review.”
University of Virginia and Kansas Women’s Basketball (Charlottesville, VA and Lawrence, KS)
Full Scholarship Varsity Student-Athlete (June 2013 – May 2016) and (June 2016 – May 2017)
USA Women’s Basketball (Colorado Springs, CO)
16U Team member (2011)
The University of Kansas (Lawrence, KS)
- Masters of Journalism & Digital Content Strategy with Certificate in Business, May 2017, 3.7 cumulative GPA
The University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Media Studies, May 2016, 3.25 cumulative GPA
WordPress, Blogger, FinalCut Pro, iMovie, Adobe Premier, Adobe Illustrator, Microsoft Office